Friday 24 July 2009

Do You Speak Spanish?

If you do, you can listen to my interview with Spanish radio programme Travesias at http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/audios/20090709/travesias-julio-2009/540747.shtml I hasten to add I do NOT speak Spanish and there is a rather sexy Spanish voiceover.

Busy with last minute arrangements. My wonderful horse vet Lisa Durham http://www.waleshorsevets.com/ rummaged through her cupboards and sorted me out with all sorts of essential potions at cost price. As an ex sheep farmer I am already a fairly dab hand at vaccinating, but she has also promised to train me up in some useful skills such as tubing (sticking tubes down horses' throats in cases of colic) when things are quieter in the winter. China is pretty well served with vets, but they are likely to be fewer and further between as we travel west.

The rest of this week has been spent tramping around up to my ankles in the mud at the Royal Welsh Show explaining to friends and acquaintances why I am still in Wales. My sponsor Just Chaps http://www.justchaps.com/ had set up shop by the horse ring, so I was able to introduce myself to Sally and tell her how delighted I am with our half chaps - they are really excellent quality and very comfortable, as well as smart!
Perk of yesterday was when our Welsh pony stallion Cwrtycadno Cymro came 2nd in the Royal Welsh Show Welsh pony sire ratings - only four of his progeny were being shown but they all did well in spite of some naughty behaviour in one case.

No comments:

Post a Comment