Sunday 14 February 2010

The Room

If you appreciate 'good' bad films and have not already had the pleasure, a must see has to be 'The Room', written, produced, directed by, and also starring (that must give a hint) Tommy Wiseau. A serious contender for the accolade of the best worst film of all time, I can honestly say it is the funniest film I have ever seen, and I have now seen it a few times. This appalling melodrama is gradually becoming an international cult movie, and occasionally has packed screenings at the Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square, where the audience enthusiatically join in the tradition of plastic spoon throwing (don't ask).

If you are planning on watching it - Good Thinking. But if you are a pensioner like myself, it is advisable to flavour it in quieter surroundings before braving a public viewing.

For Youtube tasters click here and here but you really have to see the whole movie to fully appreciate its true genius.

I suspect it will be a obligatory addition to the store of films on my laptop to cheer me up on dismal evenings at Chinese truckstops in the Gobi.

No comments:

Post a Comment