Sunday 29 July 2012

The Icing on the Cake

I was keen to get home after all the arrival celebrations in London last weekend since it was Royal Welsh Show week, and my Welsh pony mare Cwrtycadno Perlen was being shown in the Senior Welsh pony mare class on the Thursday.  I have loaned out a few of my best mares while I have been away on the ride, and she had made the long trip up to Scotland to the Waxwing stud, along with her full sister Cwrtycadno Glain.
Stud owners Tom Best and David Blair offered to show her at the Royal Welsh for me, and as they are experienced and excellent showmen, I jumped at the chance.  So I was delighted when she not only won an extremely strong Senior Mare class, but was made Reserve Champion Female Section B (Welsh pony), and this to the pony that was the eventual Supreme Champion of the Show!

Here she is strutting her stuff at the show with Tom Best piloting.  It really was the icing on the cake following my success after a challenging and sometimes very difficult couple of years.

Added to this Geert Verbaas of the Stoujgeshoeve stud in Holland was staying with us and showing four lovely ponies at the Show.  His stunning chestnut yearling colt Stougjeshoeve Escudo was Reserve Male Champion, and his colt foal by our stallion Cwrtycadno Cymro (that Stougjeshoeve leased last year) was second in his class.  So there was quite a lot of bubbly flowing that night at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment