Monday 28 April 2014

Wheels

The truck passed its MVI with flying colours last Monday, but it was sod's law that the motor registration office was shut, and the following day Alison had to hang around for nearly two hours for me while I queued for the licence.  But finally all was completed and I now have wheels! 
 
 This has meant I have been able to make much more progress with preparations, and was even able to make a recce to Cape Spear, the easternmost point of Canada - it is to the far left of the photo below....
I have also now moved out to CBS where I will be nearer the ponies at Stephanie Coates barn.

I am hugely indebted to Alison Harvey for providing an initial base and patiently chauffeuring me around due to my unobtainable hire car.  The couple of days she had invited me to stay turned into over a week!   But in the circumstances it would have been a nightmare to sort out cell phone, truck etc without her help. Alison at home with husband Ian and energetic sons Iwan and Owen....
I had hoped to take a photo of the family outside in front of their lovely Newfoundland style house, but Newfoundland weather dictated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment