Friday 30 May 2014

A Not So Unexpected Encounter

En route to Terra Nova the next day...
 

Stopping at Port Blandford to let the horses rest and graze, these lovely ladies plied me with tea and sandwiches ......

 
...and this elderly couple below gave me a packet of biscuits and a donation for the charity.  To remind everyone, the charity I am supporting is ChallengeAid
Then it was a long and lonely trudge to Terra Nova.   But was it quite so lonely?   Albert spies something far ahead on the rail bed......

.......my first moose! ......

A young bull, and hopefully I won't encounter too many more, as Albert has a distinct dislike of moose and refused to take another step until it had disappeared into the forest.
At Terra Nova I had been invited to stay with Walter and Eileen LeDrew at their lovely old 'cabin' (actually Eileen's former family home) which had a large grassy garden for the horses....
 Walter and Eileen on the porch with all my baggage ...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment