Thursday 12 June 2014

Halfway!

John with Lady and Albert as I set out for Badger on Friday May 3rd - is he really that pleased to see me go?....
 
A tunnel under the Trans Canada Highway ..
 
I was despairing of finding a grassy spot for a lunch stop when we came across this stunning site overlooking the Exploits River - courtesy of John's friend Frank who is clearing the forest here for a farm..
Somewhere on this section I officially passed the halfway point across Newfoundland!

We arrived late and tired at the house of Chris and Lorna Stuckless in Badger, but the horses were tethered in a huge grassy field, and my tent remained unpacked yet again as Lorna marched me inside for pizza, and insisted on giving up their bedroom to me.  Thank you for the warm Newfoundland welcome!  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment