Tuesday 4 November 2014

Putting My Feet Up...

...which is exactly what I did for five days after I arrived chez MacFarlane on Thursday morning.  I was immensely grateful to them, particularly as their house was already bursting at the seams with extra guests - at one point they even nearly moved out to make room for me!  But I had the house to myself at the weekend apart from son Jonathon, and was able to rest in bed, read, potter to the shops and generally recuperate peacefully.  Monday October 13th was Thanksgiving, and my knee felt well enough for me to drive out to visit Barb and Neil in Nortondale - here they are with talkative family member...
In the evening David and Marion arrived home from a trip to Montreal, and I was most happy to join them for a glass of bubbly and a piece of wonderful Pavlova made by Jonathon...
I had been hoping to reach Ottawa by horse this autumn, and had arranged to leave the horses over the winter at the International Equestrian Centre run by fellow compatriot Sian Thomas and her Argentinian husband and ex polo player Sebastian Rodrigeuz.   My accident threw all my plans in the air as it was obvious that I would not have time to reach my planned destination, though I should be able to reach Quebec city.  So where to winter the horses? But the wonderful Jacques Charlesbois (a friend of Sian and Sebastian), kindly offered to pick me up in his trailer from wherever I ended up.
So the following day I set off on the long drive to deliver my truck to Sian's where it would also spend the winter, picking up my pack saddle and baggage from Manon's en route. I also took the opportunity to research a few places to stay as the cold weather was creeping in and I would no longer be able to carry a tent.
Supper at Sian's.  L to R:  Jacques wife Louise,  Argentinian horseman Martin Hardoy who has come to help out for a few months, Helen, Sebastian, son Lucas - out of sight are Jacques and Sian.

No comments:

Post a Comment